Rising costs of traditional recovery plans are among the top reasons that companies are not implementing disaster recovery (DR) protocols, according to a recent report by Forrester research.
But as technology evolves and data dependency increases, the need for DR plans has grown, as have the options available to Chief Information Officers who are running Infor. An emerging go-to solution is Disaster Recovery as a Service, (DRaaS) or Cloud-Based Disaster Recovery, which involves a third-party maintaining a virtualized copy of the physical data center that can be provisioned much faster than traditional methods, often within hours, in the event of a natural or man-made disaster.
Downtime Is Not an Option for Infor Applications
DRaaS makes sense for Infor users because it protects critical business processes like those below:
Uptime of Infor’s financial reporting modules is especially critical in order to get financial reporting completed and submitted on time to investors, Wall Street and other stakeholders.
Reliable disaster recovery plans are also top of mind for Infor users processing payroll. Accurately issuing employee paychecks in a timely manner are two of the most important tasks a business handles regularly.
Organizational Decision Making
In addition, executives and business leaders are increasingly looking to the finance department to play a larger role in supporting business and operational decision making. Any breakdown in that process due to application downtime can disrupt the entire organization.
Quality of Patient Care
For organizations relying on Infor healthcare solutions, application downtime can directly impact the safety and quality of patient care. Many hospitals count on the supply chain and procurement modules of Infor to ensure the availability of critical supplies including IVs, surgical equipment and sutures.
Build Your 8-Step Modern Infor Disaster Recovery Plan
- Assess your recovery needs by determining the business impact of an interruption and potential loss of data to all your applications. Begin to document your disaster recovery plan and runbook.
- Prioritize your critical business processes and the solutions that are required to maintain operations.
- Create a capabilities assessment that includes the cost of your disaster recovery solution. Include the costs for providing a solution to every aspect of critical business processes.
- Align your business process owners’ needs with the capabilities assessment to generate a gap analysis.
- Define the architecture, timelines, staffing, and location of the recovery solution in your plan.
- Execute the plan in a test environment measuring your ability to meet the business objectives. Ensure your Infor and all other critical and integrated business systems are operational and accessible to your users.
- Grade your ability to meet the planned solution listing gaps and weaknesses.
- Repeat the assessment cycle until recoverability has been proven.
Smarter Data Protection with Velocity
Velocity is uniquely qualified to provide you with DRaaS for your Infor applications. As a leading third-party provider of Infor services, we can ensure your Infor environment is protected and backed up at all times.
Our disaster recovery teams provide thorough coverage, while offering a new level of control and flexibility, proven to meet and deliver upon any Recovery Time and Recovery Point Objectives for your Infor, and other business critical applications.
Velocity’s Infor Managed Disaster Recovery:
Thorough coverage: Our dedicated experts deliver technology disaster recovery services through the Infor application layer, not just for your data, so you are up and running with minimal effort.
Transparency: With Velocity, there are no expensive surprises, no declaration fees and no long waits for testing. You decide what constitutes a disaster, not us.
Fully-Managed Service: You focus on your business, we’ll handle disaster recovery. At Velocity, we manage disaster recovery plan design, implementation, regular recovery tests, documentation and backup disaster recovery. It’s all inclusive.
Quick Recovery: Recover in a matter of hours, not days, weeks or months in Velocity’s private cloud environment.
Prompt Deployment: Velocity can deliver a fully implemented and tested disaster recovery solution in three to six months.
With Velocity’s Managed Disaster Recovery services for Infor, you can be up and running with minimal effort, with scalable tape and electronic backup data vaulting or high availability solutions leveraging our Infor cloud disaster recovery environment.
As with everything we do, Velocity goes beyond the standard to provide services that increase your business resiliency, not just an infrastructure for rent on a first come first serve basis. Don’t wonder if your Infor Disaster Recovery Plan is effective and successful, prove it with Velocity.