The Future of PeopleSoft Is Mobile
If anyone had any doubt as to Oracle’s continued support of PeopleSoft, all they would have to do is look to PeopleTools 8.55. The software giant has dramatically extended its PeopleSoft investment in the Fluid User Experience which delivers PeopleSoft applications / pages in a modern and intuitive way across any type of mobile device.
Imagine your workforce tapping their mobile devices to perform daily tasks such as approvals, reporting or running analytics. For example, an on-the-go C-level executive can quickly and easily preview metrics, key performance indicators (KPIs) and the status of their departments/organization over their preferred tablet or smartphone while on the way to a client or vendor meeting.
A mobile-first approach
According to Gartner, 40% of active customers are on, or moving to, the most current PeopleSoft release (9.2) and 95% of active PeopleSoft customers are on release 9.0 or higher. A quick glance at the features and benefits of the latest release explains why so many customers are making the upgrade.
Download our guide: Upgrade or Implement PeopleSoft at No upfront Costs
PeopleSoft 9.2 along with the latest release of PeopleTools 8.55 provides users with an array of new mobile features such as Fluid Dashboards, Fluid Master / Detail pages and a new Activity Guide Framework. The overarching goal is to make the user experience as intuitive as possible, especially for power and C-level users.
With responsive and adaptive design a key factor to so much of our daily work, PeopleTools 8.55 introduces a new Tile Wizard that makes the creation of these important navigational elements and process “building blocks” much simpler. Tiles automatically resize based on the content they display, the size of the device being used, even based on the orientation of the mobile device.
Speed to value with the user at the core
After our customers upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2, they immediately look to capitalize on the new features and functionality so they can gain a rapid ROI from their upgrade.
One of the fastest ways to do this is through an increase in user productivity and efficiency by extending the capabilities of PeopleSoft to their workforce on mobile devices. PeopleSoft Fluid allows us to design and roll out an intuitive role-based mobile user interface with PeopleSoft applications that are efficient, configurable, and personalizable.
Here are a few of the new capabilities that you can harness with the latest Fluid User Interface:
- Configurable and personalizable mobile role-based homepage
- Mobile tiles that can convey information quickly, show simplified navigational widgets and support dynamic interaction
- A mobile navigation bar like any mobile App that can quickly take you anywhere within PeopleSoft
- Global search capabilities from your mobile device similar to commercial consumer searches
- Related actions right from your mobile device that enable you take direct action from many contexts
- Simplified analytics that allow for quick and easy decision support via charts or graphs
- Activity Guides that walk users through complex tasks reducing errors and improving precision
- Mobile Dashboards that allow specific roles to view KPIs, analytics, and decision support with drill through capabilities
- Push notifications from PeopleSoft triggers, so your users get notified when they need to be informed, right on their mobile device.
Simply put, now is the time to take advantage of PeopleSoft’s Fluid UI technology for a responsive, cross-functional design that can be utilized on mobile and desktop no matter what the OS.
If you are considering an implementation or upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2, or wish to understand how to reap the benefits or PeopleSoft’s mobile capabilities in your organization, reach out to one of our local Velocity experts. Velocity has performed many upgrades and implementations of PeopleSoft 9.2 and fully understands how to help your organization reap the benefits and increase your ROI.